In this article: 30 clever pumpkin games to try for your next fall festival or Halloween party.
What’s more fall than a bright orange pumpkin? Pumpkins evoke all sorts of happy emotions from their association with everything fall! From spooky Jack-o-lanterns to pumpkin pie, there are a million reasons pumpkins mean fall.
Fall is also a great time of year to host parties and festivals. The cooling crisp air makes everyone excited to head out for family adventures. If you’re planning a fall festival, I’ve gathered a bunch of ideas that these 30 ideas to make fun use of pumpkins for kids’ parties.
Also check out these healthy Halloween party food ideas.
What I love about these games is that they really couldn’t be simpler. They’re all inexpensive and super easy to DIY. Most of them could utilize either real or fake pumpkins depending on what is available to you and your budget.
Of course, if you grow your own pumpkins you don’t have to go buy any, but that’s just my suggestion. 🙂
30 fun ideas for pumpkin games
Putt putt is always fun, and it’s a simple game to set up for your party. Giving your mini golf course a little fall flare is easy when you add pumpkins.
Cut a funny face into a hollowed pumpkin for kids to putt the balls into or place them in the path of the ball as obstacles.
In this video, you can see how easy it is to set up. Get the full tutorial at Eighteen25.com
Pumpkin ring toss games
Pumpkins make it easy for you to set up a ring toss game. Use glow necklaces to ring the stems or hula hoops to ring the whole pumpkin.
Set up for these pumpkin games couldn’t be simpler, and you can make the game easier or harder depending on how you place your pumpkins.
Pumpkin bean bag toss
Instead of tossing rings around the pumpkins, in these games you toss bean bags into holes in the pumpkins. Make the game easier or harder depending on the size of the opening in the pumpkin.
- Includes: 1pcs felt Toss Games banner + 3pcs bean bags
- Play these fun games that are great for kids and adults, perfect for halloween party indoor or outdoor
- Larger size than tranditional toss games, suitable for multi-team competition
Pumpkin candy toss
Taking the same idea but using pumpkin candy, you can have loads of fun tossing tiny pumpkins. It’s okay if occasionally you toss one of these into your mouth. 🙂
Just like the game hot potato, hot pumpkin can be played with a mini pumpkin or a pumpkin toy as seen on The Resourceful Mama.
Setting up a pumpkin bowling alley couldn’t be easier when you use paper towel rolls as bowling pins. Using stickers or tape, you can make your bowling pins look like ghosts to keep with a Halloween theme.
Poke a pumpkin
Hide prizes inside cups to make a fun poke-a-pumpkin game. Wouldn’t it be a fun idea to hide peeled grapes or slime into some of the cups for an icky surprise? It becomes a game of risk…Will you get a piece of candy or an eyeball? Ha!
Here’s a video tutorial for making a poke a pumpkin game from Thrifty Fun.
Pumpkin Face Dice Games
These are such cute ideas! Roll the dice and follow the instructions to give your pumpkin personality. The first one to complete a pumpkin face wins.
I think it’d be really cute if you had to trade pumpkins when you roll a certain number, too. It will be so cute to see how all the different pumpkin faces turn out!
Roll a pumpkin dice game from Happy Home Fairy
Felt pumpkin face game from Pink and Green Mama
Relay races with pumpkins
With all the shapes and sizes of pumpkins, they are easy to include in relay races. Whether you roll the pumpkin across the ground, balance it on your head, or pass it between your legs all sorts of fun can be had.
Adorable girl having a blast with a pumpkin on her head.
Pin the nose on the pumpkin
- Pumpkin Patch Straw Decor INCLUDES 24 Autumn paper cut outs, 25 coordinating paper straws & clear stickers for easy assembly. Yes, you'll receive one extra straw. Fall Pumpkin DIY party supplies are...
- Pumpkin Patch Straw Decor party kit SIZE 8 big pumpkins 3" wide x 2.75" tall; 8 medium pumpkins 2.5" wide x 2.25" tall; 8 small pumpkins 2" wide x 2" tall; and 25 chevron striped paper straws 7.75"...
- EASY PARTY DECORATIONS: Pumpkin Patch straw decor will add a touch of style to your Fall or Thanksgiving party tables. Orange straw décor will also look great at your beverage bar. Use these adorable...
Pumpkin Tic Tac Toe
Use different colored mini pumpkins or simply paint pumpkins with X’s and O’s to set up a fun giant checkerboard game!
Pumpkin memory game
Make faces, draw ghosts, or simply label with numbers or letters to make a fun pumpkin memory game.
Pumpkin chunkin is so much fun, but it’s expensive and wasteful to just throw pumpkins away. Making felt pumpkins is a way to get into the fun of tossing pumpkins without the mess.
Get the tutorial at B-Inspired Mama.
Pop the pumpkin
Popping balloons is fun any time of year! Make it fall-tastic with a pumpkin theme.
Here’s a tutorial from Martha Stewart.
Here’s a fun variation of popping pumpkins, is called Pumpkin Patch Stomp. Here the kids are popping the balloons to get their prizes!
- Color vibrant, Adding fun, fresh, festive accents to Halloween's Day, Holiday Season, festival ceremony, Christmas party.
- Excellent to hang from the ceiling, tree branches, mounted on the walls or window, or used for table centerpieces. There is always great Halloween atmosphere with fun and laugh. Great for home party,...
- 100 pieces of high quality ultra thickness 12 inch pumpkin latex balloons. Weight:2 .8g/ piece.
Basically a cake walk with pumpkin markers, but all your baked goods can also be pumpkin based.
That’s a great way to use up all the pumpkin puree you get from gutting the pumpkins for all these games!
What sorts of pumpkin games have you played with your kids?
Share your ideas in the comments below!
Last update on 2019-07-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API