Halloween is the time for wearing crazy costumes and eating all sorts of sugary treats! Unfortunately, a lot of those treats are also full of coloring and other unhealthy chemicals. But who says Halloween food can’t be healthy? You can easily make healthy Halloween food with these ideas!
In fact, all of these creepy and creative Halloween treats use whole food ingredients! And they’re just as fun and yummy as other less-healthy options.
If you’re trying to diet or practice clean eating, Halloween is certainly a difficult time to do that. With all the candy being shoved in your face it’s hard to avoid eating a bite or two, but it’s totally possible to stay on track with your healthy eating goals.
You might also like: Eco-Friendly Halloween Tips
I have some healthy Halloween food ideas for you that are also incredibly creative. Because healthy doesn’t have to be boring!
And while Halloween treats are usually full of artificial coloring, these healthy options use the natural color of whole foods as Mother Nature created them.
Plus, all of these ideas are kid friendly and will be a hit at your Halloween party!
Here are 21 Healthy Halloween Food Ideas
1. Use beets for the gorgeous color of these All-Natural Zombie Brain Cupcakes from Bren Did.
2. Peanut butter and honey make a great combo in these Healthy Halloween Bat Energy Bites from Chelsea’s Messy Apron.
3. Need a last minute healthy option? Try these Simple Halloween Food Ideas For Kids from Thirty Hand Made Days are perfect!
4. How cute are these Easy And Healthy Halloween Snacks from Meaningful Eats?
5. Check out these simple but creative Healthy Halloween Spider Snacks from Family Food on the Table.
6. Pretty green and purple grapes take center stage in this Frankenstein Healthy Halloween Party Fruit Snack from Pink When.
7. You can’t get more healthy than these Halloween Roasted Veggies from Live, Eat, Learn.
8. I love the color in this Healthy Halloween Pasta Salad from Smile Sandwich.
9. I love these adorable gummy Healthy Halloween Treats from Green Healthy Cooking.
10. Looking for a vegan Halloween treat? Try these Purple Sweet Potato Spice Monster Biscuits from Healthy Slow Cooking.
13. Make a fun Halloween dinner with these Stuffed Pepper Jack-O-Lanterns from One Little Project.
14. These Healthy Halloween Gummy Eyeballs from Oh The Things We’ll Make are super creepy!
15. I like the colors in this easy and fun Frightful Fruit Salad With Haunted Honey Dressing from Paper-And-Glue.com
16. Try these easy yogurt-dipped Halloween Banana Popsicles from Well Plated.
17. Looking for a haunted smoothie recipe? Try a Frankenstein Smoothie Bowl from Healthy Little Foodies.
18. Turn Chocolate Covered Strawberries into ghosts from Yummy, Healthy, Easy.
19. Snap peas and almond slivers make fun Goblin Grins & Monster Mouths from Snixy Kitchen.
20. A fun and healthy fruit treat, these Orange Fruit Jack-O-Lantern from Thrifty Jinxy are sure to please!
21. How about some moist, chocolatey, and spooky Halloween Monster Witch Cakes from Neurotic Mommy?
You can’t go wrong with any one of these creative healthy Halloween food ideas!
Have you ever wondered which Halloween candies are the worst for you?
I did! According to Prevention.com, the top 7 candies to avoid for clean eating are:
- Peppermint Patties
- Tootsie Rolls
- Candy Corn
- Peanut Butter Cups
Should have known some of my favorites would make that list! At least now I have plenty of ideas for fun and healthy Halloween treats to take their place.
Have you made other healthy Halloween foods that were a big hit?
Tell me what you plan on making this year in the comments.